This vibrant and velvety soup is great hot or chilled.
- 1 tbs. ghee or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 3½ cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs. minced gingerroot
- 1 tbs. curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk (about 14 ounces)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the ghee in a heavy saucepan and sauté the onion, celery and carrots until just tender. Add the gingerroot and curry powder and sauté for another five minutes until aromatic. Add coconut milk and vegetable stock, and simmer until vegetables are tender. Blend the soup with an immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender until smooth. Season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and freshly cracked black pepper.