Ingredients, Serves 4-6:
• 1 carrot, diced
• 1 medium red onion diced
• 2 stalks of celery diced
• 3-4 cups cooked organic brown rice
• 1/4 cup sprouted aduki beans (optional)
• 1/4 cup of spring or filtered water
• 1 tablespoon tamari wheat-free soy sauce
• 1/8 cup chopped parsley or sliced green onions
• sea salt
In a cast iron skillet over a medium to high flame, add half the water, carrot and onion.
Sprinkle with sea salt and sauté 2-3 minutes.
Add sprouted aduki beans.
Spoon leftover cooked rice evenly over vegetable and bean mixture to cover, and sprinkle with the soy sauce and water.
Cover with a lid, turn flame to low and cook for 10 minutes.
When done, gently stir the vegetables and beans on the bottom into the rice. Top with garnished parsley or green onions.
Steamed Organic Brown Rice
• 2 cups organic brown rice
• 4 cups water
• pinch sea salt
In a 2-quart saucepan, wash brown rice, drain water.
Add 2 cups fresh spring or filtered water.
Bring to a boil on a high flame, add a pinch of sea salt.
When boiling, cover and turn flame to low.
Cook for an hour.
More information: http://www.forksoverknives.com/