You may think you feel comfort in your morning cup of coffee — the aroma, the taste, the warmth, the ritual…
Unfortunately the few ‘pros’ of coffee are heavily outweighed by many serious ‘cons’, especially if you drink more caffeine throughout the day.
TOP REASONS TO AVOID COFFEE (and other caffeinated beverages such as cola, tea, energy drinks, chocolate flavored drinks, and more):
1. Coffee stains your teeth. Coffee and other caramel colored beverages stain your teeth and the ugly yellow discoloring gets worse over time. You can try whitening all you want, but as long as you’re still drinking coffee (or cola) it will not help.
2. Coffee stiffens muscles. Your seemingly soothing cup of Joe is actually liquid stress and causes chronic pain. Give up coffee and save money by not needing a massage therapist or chiropractor.
3. Coffee leaches calcium from your bones. Caffeine is highly acidic and like other acidic foods and beverages, leaches calcium from your bones and eventually leads to fractures and osteoporosis. While it’s leaching calcium, coffee is also depleting other vitamins and minerals from your body.
4. Coffee can blur your vision. You may not notice it now, but over time coffee diminishes your eyesight.
5. Caffeine contributes to allergy suffering. Coffee dries your nasal cavity causing inflammation and swelling.
6. Coffee hardens arteries. Coffee damages the endothelial cells that line your arteries and contributes to heart disease.
7. Coffee promotes bad bacteria and yeast. Coffee creates an acidic environment in your gut. Bad bacteria, yeast, and cancer cells thrive and grow in an acidic environment.
8. Coffee increases belly fat. Acidic beverages like coffee and diet soda cause fat cells to be produced to protect your organs from the acidity. So even though a black cup of coffee or a can of diet soda have zero calories, drinks with caffeine make you fatter.
9. Coffee is addictive. You become dependent on your morning cup of coffee, or whatever amount you drink, and can’t live without it. Being dependent on something means you’re not free and independent.
10. Coffee causes headaches. If you’re dependent on coffee and drink too much or too little, you get headaches. This is a sign of inflammation and chronic disease.
11. Drinking coffee is a missed opportunity to drink water. Water is the only healthy drink for your body’s needs. Add fresh squeezed lemon or lime to water and increase the healthful benefits as well as enhancing the taste.
12. Coffee is rancid. Rancid oils are toxic for the liver. If you stop drinking coffee for a month and try to drink it again, most likely the first sips will taste like rancid acid.
13. Coffee saps energy. You’ll have an exhilarating feeling initially when drinking coffee, but caffeine causes blood sugar to spike and then fall leaving you feel sapped of energy.
14. Coffee can cause hearing loss. If you drink coffee you may be poisoning your ears. This is called Ototoxicity.
15. Coffee condiments like cream and sugar make it a cancer cocktail. The animal protein from milk or cream is highly carcinogenic and sugar is what cancer cells feed on.
16. Coffee promotes Diabetes. There is a strong correlation between drinking coffee, metabolic syndrome, dehydration and the development of diabetes. Many Type II diabetics seem to love coffee, and it worsens their condition significantly.
17. Coffee is toxic and highly acidic. About the only thing more acidic than drinking coffee is drinking straight vinegar. The acidic nature of coffee causes inflammation which is the root cause of all chronic diseases: arthritis, fatigue, irritable bowel, reflux, chronic allergies, eczema, psoriasis, autoimmune disease, fibromyalgia, diabetes, heart disease, migraines, depression, attention deficit disorder, cancer…
18. Coffee is expensive. Give up coffee (and cola) and save a lot of money.
Cutting out coffee and other caffeine sources may be difficult at first, but it should have you jumping for joy in the long run because you’ll have natural energy instead of artificial energy.
More information, resources: