This is a great “meat” loaf recipe is from one of the Engine 2 Pilot Study participants, Lynn Jocelyn. Lynn brought this to the Engine 2 pot-luck awards banquet and it disappeared before everyone could get a bite. Prep Time 20 minutes / Cook Time 60 minutes. Tip: This meatloaf is wonderful the next day pan-fried on whole-grain bread with mustard, pickles, and ketchup.
Ingredients, Serves 6 to 8
2 stalks celery, chopped
½ onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
10 ounces firm tofu, drained
¼ cup walnuts, finely ground
1 1/2 cups cooked brown lentils
1 1/4 cups quick-cooking gluten-free oats
3 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
2 tablespoons organic ketchup (avoid Heinz or other big name brands because of high fructose corn syrup and GMOs)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons dried parsley
½ teaspoon each thyme, sage, and rosemary
Organic Ketchup, to taste
– Pre-heat oven to 350
– Spray loaf pan (or use non-stick silicone bake-ware)
– Sauté celery, onion and garlic on high heat in skillet with a little water or low sodium vegetable broth for 5 minutes until tender.
– Remove from heat and cool.
– Mash tofu in large bowl.
– Stir in cooked mixture and remaining ingredients, and combine well.
– Spoon mixture into loaf pan. Top with a layer of ketchup.
– Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
More information: http://engine2diet.com/