Celebrated chef Jason Wyrick showcases the excitement of Mexican flavors and textures with recipes for traditional and creative tacos you can make at home, featuring your own homemade tortillas, salsas, and condiments.
You’ll make tacos de asador, tacos cazuela, tacos dorados, and many more based on recipes gathered from across Mexico, and the author shows you how to make them all using plant-based ingredients. The long-time publisher of the Vegan Culinary Experience (now TheVeganTaste.com) points the way to making your own taco components from scratch, while also providing quick options with store-bought ingredients.
In your own home taquería, you’ll be making tantalizing recipes such as:
– Tacos Mole with Seared Zucchini, Wilted Chard, and Pepitas
– Tacos with Pintos Borrachos and Vegan Queso Fresco
– Tacos Dorados with Plantains, Black Beans, and Roasted Garlic
– Baja Tacos with Lobster Mushrooms
– Breakfast Tacos with Rajas, Mojo Scramble, and Pintos
– Cinnamon Tortilla Tacos with Spicy Cajeta Apples, Pecans, and Agave Crema
In these pages, the author shares his passion for tacos with sections on taco culture and history, essential ingredients, anecdotes, and shortcuts that simplify the cooking techniques for the modern kitchen. There is also a chapter of beverage recipes such as Mango Lime Agua Fresca, Sweet Tamarind Tea, and Desert Sage Spritzer; a section on desserts, and how to host a taquiza (taco party). Full color photos. Publication Date: September 2, 2014