These muffins are from Marco Borges’ 22-Day Revolution, an organic, vegan, plant-based eating style.
Ingredients, yields between 12 to 18 muffins
3 jumbo carrots, or 6 typical carrots
1/2 cup raisins
3 Fuji apples (or any other large apple you like best)
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
8 ounces unsweetened applesauce, or 1 cup
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup safflower oil
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan or line with disposable muffin cups.
– Peel and grate carrots and apples.
– Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl, including apples, carrots and raisins.
– Add gluten free flour, baking soda and spices. Mix well.
– Scoop into muffin cups.
– Bake muffins for 15 to 18 minutes.
– Check with a tooth pick or the tines of a fork. They are ready when the tooth pick comes out clean.