These hardy, moist muffins are like eating a bowl of oatmeal topped with bananas and raisins, only these you can eat out of your hands! Prep: 15 min | Cook: 35 min. Find more healthy recipes at: http://nutritionstudies.org/recipes/
Ingredients, Makes 6 large or 12 small muffins
2½ cups rolled oats
½ cup oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 apple, grated
½ cup non-dairy milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
– In large bowl combine and whisk together dry ingredients.
– In small bowl combine bananas, apple, non-dairy milk, vanilla and stir until well combined.
– Add wet ingredients to dry and combine well. Fold in raisins and walnuts, if using.
– If using a 6-muffin tin bake for 45 minutes. If using a 12-muffin tin, bake for 35.
Shelly Detken is a graduate of the Nutrition Studies Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate. She coaches others on how to take optimal care of their bodies, and shares her low-fat, vegan recipes on her blog at plantifulwellness.com.