Similar to the Middle Eastern dish tabouli, this dish is a flavor packed, nutritional powerhouse. Light, fresh herbs and crunchy vegetables, a simple dressing of just lemon juice and olive oil all mixed with hearty bulgur. Fill a pita pocket with hummus and bulgur salad for a satisfying lunch or snack!
• 1 cup dried bulgur (soaked in 1/2 cup water for 1 hour)
• 3 cups chopped parsley (just under a bunch)
• 2 cups chopped cilantro (approx 1/2 bunch)
• 1 cup chopped mint (1/3 of a bunch)
• 2 cups chopped cucumber
• 1 cup chopped tomato
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 1 tsp salt/pepper
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/4 cup olive oil
Soak (don’t boil) bulgur in enough warm/hot water just to cover for an hour until plumped and fluffy. Chop all herbs very finely. Chopped veggies into bite sized pieces. Add everything to large bowl, add salt/pepper and lemon juice/olive oil. Mix all together, gently and completely. Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving. It keeps, covered in the fridge, for about 3 days.