From Fresh Kale Salad with Field Peas and Snaps to Sweet Potato Hummus, McCall Farms offers nutritious and energizing recipes to enjoy all summer long.
- 1 bag (16 oz.) Glory Foods Fresh Kale Greens
- 1 can (15 oz.) Margaret Holmes Field Peas & Snaps
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large or 2 small ripe tomatoes diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup vegan Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup grated red onion
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Place kale in a large salad bowl; add the Margaret Holmes Field Peas & Snaps, avocado, carrots and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing, grated onion and lemon juice.
- Pour over salad and toss well to combine.
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) Glory Foods Blackeye Peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tomatoes, diced 1/4″
- 2 mangos, diced 1/4″
- 3 green onions, sliced 1/4″
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbs. lime juice
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 1 cup Bruce’s Yams Cut sweet Potatoes
- 1 can (19 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 5 garlic cloves, roasted or raw
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- Transfer Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes into a food processor. Add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, Tahini, garlic, olive oil, cumin, salt and about 2 tbs. of water.
- Pulse the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides of bowl and adding water to thin mixture if too thick.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with a drizzle of olive oil. Add a sprinkle of paprika if desired.