The iconic Watermelon Berry blend from California’s esteemed organic cold-pressed juice and clean eating company, Project Juice, is back for summer beginning June 20, and its better than ever. Beat the heat and achieve hosting bliss with the delicious, recipe-inspiring blend of nutritious seasonal produce, boasting the best of summer fruits, while promoting food sustainability with the use of 50 percent “ugly” produce.
Watermelon Berry bursts with as many health benefits as refreshing flavors, thanks to the mouth-watering, 100% organic ingredients:
- Watermelon: Deliciously hydrating, antioxidant rich watermelon flushes toxins and relieves muscle aches and pains from your beach-body workouts.
- Strawberry: Strawberries are not only anti-carcinogenic, but can help lower blood pressure and are chock full of body-loving vitamins, (especially vitamin C).
- Green Apple: Sweet-yet-tart green apple is a metabolism booster and fiber rich detoxifier, containing a number of powerful vitamins and minerals.
- Young Coconut Water: Flush the bloat with nature’s energy drink: young coconut water; it is low in sodium and sugar, and rich in electrolytes, essential minerals and anti-inflammatory tannins.
- Lime: This blast of citrus aids in digestion and rounds of the sweetness of the blend without the blood sugar spike.
The following Watermelon Berry signature cocktails and other inspired summer treats compliment everyone’s summer cocktail menu:
- Watermelon-Lime “Arnold Palmer”: A fresh twist on the summer classic, substituting 8 ounces Watermelon Berry and fresh lime juice for lemonade. Combine with 8 ounces sweet tea and serve over ice with fresh mint. Hydrates 6-8. Spike with vodka around the 5 o’clock hour.
- Spicy Watermelon Margarita: In a shaker, combine one ounce of silver tequila with 5 ounces Watermelon Berry and one ounce fresh lime juice with one thinly sliced piece of jalapeno. Shake until combined and pour into a chili/sugar/salt rimmed glass and garnish with a small wedge of watermelon. (Raw agave can be added for more sweetness.) One bottle makes three margaritas.
- Watermelon Mojito: Mash 1 ½ ounces simple syrup into a dozen mint leaves, add ice, and stir 4 ounces Watermelon Berry with clear rum to taste. Makes 3-4 libations.
- Watermelon Cream Pie: Fun alternative to Key Lime. Whisk 5 cups of heated Watermelon Berry with 4 packs of unflavored gelatin plus 1 cup sugar until dissolved, pour into prepared pie crust, set in refrigerator overnight and top with whipped cream of your choice. Serves 8-10 sweet-teeth.
- Watermelon Berry Popsicles: Blend 8 ounces Watermelon Berry with 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries and pour concoction into ice pop tray and freeze. Delights 4.
Inventive mixologists and home-chefs will also be invited to share their own Watermelon Berry-based creations on Instagram. The charge? Get creative and tag @ProjectJuice with your best recipe for a chance to be featured.
The sneakily nutritious, indulgent Watermelon Berry blend will be available at Project Juice’s retail locations in Northern and Southern California starting June 20, as well as a part of Project Juice’s Seasonal Reset Cleanse and custom juice packs. Special seasonal smoothies will be available at participating locations as well.