For the pizza dough*:
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
*You can also use a store-bought crust or flatbread and heat according to the instruction on the packaging.
For the toppings:
- 1 cup Lantana® White Bean Hummus
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful slice red cabbage
- 1 handful sliced fresh basil
- 1 handful vegan mozzarella shreds
- Optional: 1 red or green bell pepper (if you’d like more pepper!)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients for the dough in a mixing bowl. Then add the olive oil and lukewarm water. Knead the mixture with your hands into a smooth dough and form a ball. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave the dough to rise for an hour.
- While the dough is rising, slice the bell pepper into thin rings. Chop the tomato into ½- inch slices. Rough chop the red cabbage and the fresh basil. Set aside.
- After the dough has risen, preheat your oven to 350 °F. On a flour-dusted surface, divide into two dough balls and form two 8” flat pizzas with your hands or rolling pin.
- Spread the Lantana® White Bean Hummus evenly across the dough. Add your peppers and tomatoes. Then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Halfway through baking, sprinkle on your red cabbage.
- Once your pizza is fully cooked, remove from the oven and then top with fresh basil.