Good Catch is about to make a splash in the world of seafood. On February 20, Whole Foods Market and Thrive Market will be the first retailers to carry the chef mastered, award-winning, shelf-stable plant based Tuna nationwide.
On a mission to protect the oceans’ natural resources while still enjoying its delectable flavors, the Good Catch team has created plant based proteins that indulge the taste buds and offer a healthy solution to serious problems:
• Ocean crisis: Nearly 90% of the world’s marine fish stocks are now fully exploited, overexploited, or depleted. Scientists predict that global fisheries may totally collapse by 2048.
• Health risk: Fish often contain high levels of mercury, PCBs, dioxins, and other dangerous contaminants.
• Factory farms/Aquaculture: Nearly half the world’s fish production derives from intensive confinement farming where cruelty, disease, and threats to the genetic diversity and survival of native species are endemic.
Good Catch satisfies the enormous global appetite for sea life and offers lovers of seafood the best of both worlds: 100% plant based products that deliver the maximum on seafood taste, texture, and nutrition with minimal impact on the planet and fragile ocean ecosystems. In short, seafood without sacrifice! Cofounded by renowned chefs, Wicked Healthy authors, and plant based culinary pioneers, Chad and Derek Sarno, Good Catch masterfully delivers the ocean flavor and flaky texture of chunk albacore tuna. Available in convenient 3.3oz pouches, ready-to-eat Plant Based Tuna is packed with flavor and crafted with healthy, sustainable ingredients:
• Beneficial Omega-3 fatty acids
• A proprietary six-legume blend
• 14g of protein per serving
• Superior umami flavor from sea algae oil
• Free of gluten, dairy, GMOs
• Free of mercury, toxins, plastics, and microfibers
• Safe and enjoyable for those with shellfish allergies
• Available in three flavors: Naked in Water, Mediterranean, and Oil & Herbs
Good Catch is the first plant based brand that truly rivals animal seafood. “Our mission is to disrupt the seafood category with delicious plant based options,” said Good Catch co-founder and CEO Chris Kerr. “And give consumers everything like they like about seafood, but without the mercury poisoning.”