Veggie Burger Day is here and to celebrate, the largest fresh vegan ready-to-eat meal delivery service is serving up a unique twist on a veggie burger. Fresh n’ Lean’s Head Chef, Chef Robert Gomez created the Portobello Mushroom Bun with Beyond Meat Burger in honor of Veggie Burger Day!
Portobello Mushroom Bun with Beyond Meat Burger
1 Beyond Meat Burger
1 Portobello Mushroom
4oz of sweet potato
10 Cherry Tomatoes
2 Leaves of Kale
1 Head of Garlic
2 oz of Coconut Sugar
– Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Slice the top of the head off of the garlic and place on the baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour or until golden brown. Take out the roasted garlic and set aside.
– After the garlic is roasted, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Dice the sweet potato in medium chunks. Toss sweet potato, 1 gram of salt, .25 grams of pepper, dash of granulated garlic, and dash of paprika in a bowl. Then spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until soft.
– In a saucepan, carmelize 2oz of coconut sugar. Once caramelized, add the 2oz of rice wine vinegar to deglaze it. Then add the cherry tomatoes and cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until they pop.
– In a pan drizzle olive oil onto the pan and add the portobello mushroom. Sprinkle salt and pepper onto the top. Roast each side for 5 minutes on medium heat.
– In a pan drizzle olive oil onto the pan and place the Beyond Meat Patty on it. Sear each side for 10 minutes each on medium heat.
– Chop up the kale.
– Place the portobello mushroom on the plate. Then place the Beyond Meat Burger on top. Take the roasted garlic and spread it onto the Beyond Meat Burger. Next, with a spoon place the cherry tomato jam onto the burger. Place kale on top of the cherry tomatoes. Spread roasted sweet potatoes around the burger.
Recipe by Chef Robert Gomez of Fresh n’ Lean.