INGREDIENTS, Serves 4 – 6
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
2 Tablespoon Flaxseed meal
1/2 teaspoon Salt (optional)
1 Banana, Mashed
2 Cup Soy or Almond Milk
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup + more to add when serving
1/3 Cup Blueberries (optional)
1. Add oatmeal to a blender or food processor. Blend until you’ve made oat flour.
2. Add the wheat flour, baking powder, flaxseed meal, and salt together in the blender. Pulse to combine.
3. Add the bananas, non-dairy milk, and maple syrup and blend again.
4. Stir in the blueberries.
5. Heat a non-stick griddle or pan over medium heat. Pour mixture by 1/4 cup measure onto the heated griddle. Flip to turn over when bubbles start to appear on the surface of each pancake. Cook until brown on both sides. Repeat until all mixture has been used.
6. Enjoy with warm maple syrup.
HINT: We make this in a high-speed blender and add the blueberries to each pancake individually. This helps with clean up as you’ve only the blender to clean. However, making this in a bowl will work as well.
Recipe and Photo by Stefen Janke/Plant Punk Kitchen