Did you know that Dublin is the most vegan-friendly city in the world?
Hayes & Jarvis analyzed the cuisine selection of restaurants in the 50 most visited cities in the world. The study found out that Dublin is the most vegan-friendly city, yet Shenzhen has the best quality vegan food in the world.
- Dublin is the most vegan-friendly city of the cuisine world: a fifth (21.2%) of the city’s restaurants are classified as vegan-friendly, which is more than any other city.
- Over 90% of Shenzhen’s vegan restaurants have been rated 4.5 stars or above by visitors, making the Chinese city the best place to travel to for top-quality vegan cuisine.
Dublin is the most vegan-friendly city
Dublin has the highest percentage of vegan-friendly restaurants (21.2%), followed by Phuket (20.1%) and Amsterdam (19.8%).
- Dublin, Ireland (21.2% of local restaurants offer vegan-friendly options)
- Phuket, Thailand (20.1%)
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands (19.8%)
- London, United Kingdom (19%)
- Venice, Italy (18.6%)
- Florence, Italy (18.4%)
- Orlando, USA (17.3%)
- Athens, Greece (17.2%)
- New York City, USA (16.4%)
- Johannesburg, South Africa (15.5%)
Shenzhen has the best quality vegan food in the world
Here are the top 10 cities that have the best quality vegan food in the world.
- Shenzhen, China (91.2% of vegan restaurants have been rated 4.5 stars or above)
- Cancun, Mexico (85.2%)
- Macau, China (82%)
- Guangzhou, China (73.5%)
- Phuket, Thailand (70.1%)
- Prague, Czech Republic (69.7%)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (69.1%)
- Los Angeles, USA (64.7%)
- Istanbul, Turkey (64.6%)
- Athens, Greece (62.1%)
The analysis considers the 50 most-visited cities in the world, and the ranking is based on which cities have the highest proportion of a particular restaurant category and the highest proportion of 4.5- to 5-star restaurants of a particular restaurant category. The data has been collected using TripAdvisor.