This 20-minute Mushroom Stroganoff recipe from milkadamia is quick and easy to make, vegan (you won’t miss the beef!), and so satisfying.
INGREDIENTS, Makes 4 servings
- 8oz of pasta (your preference)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened milkadamia
- 1/4 cup flour (can substitute in gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milkadamia buttery spread
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 454 g brown or white button mushrooms (16 oz), sliced (about 6 cups sliced)
- For garnish: 1 handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped (if have this)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large. When hot add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion turns translucent. Reduce the heat and add the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Pour in the broth mixture and continue to cook, stir as needed for about 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the cooked pasta and mix to combine. Garnish if desired.
Find more vegan recipes